7 September 2023
Wayanad in monsoon is beautiful at Kuruva Island Resort
Wayanad is one of the most scenic hill stations in God's own country Kerala. This place is another name for pure greenery and it will leave you spellbound. Wayanad is said to become even more magical after the rains! Wayanad monsoon brings that extra beauty factor to the place which will amaze you in a different way and compel you to visit this very moment. It's the perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of the city!
So, if you are planning to visit Wayanad during the monsoon and want to have an amazing experience but are not sure how to go about it, we are here to help! Just read the list of your best experiences here and add them to your itinerary!
While Wayanad is beautiful throughout the year, it takes on a whole new level of enchantment during the monsoon season. The rainy season in Wayanad that drench the landscape infuse an extra touch of magic into the already stunning surroundings. The lush greenery becomes even more vibrant, and the air is filled with a refreshing scent of wet earth. The serene ambiance and misty atmosphere create a dreamlike setting that is sure to captivate your senses.
Visiting Wayanad in monsoon offers a unique and unforgettable experience. To make the most of your trip, here are some of the best experiences you should consider adding to your itinerary:
- Explore the Soochipara Waterfalls: Cascading down from a height of around 200 metres, the Soochipara Waterfalls present a breathtaking sight during the monsoon season. The water gushes down in full force, creating a mesmerising display of nature's power and beauty. You can take a refreshing dip in the natural pool at the base of the falls or simply bask in the tranquil atmosphere.
- Trek through the Chembra Peak: Embark on a thrilling trek to the Chembra Peak, the highest peak in Wayanad. The monsoon transforms the surrounding landscape into a paradise for adventure enthusiasts. As you hike through the mist-covered trails, you'll be rewarded with panoramic views of the rolling hills and the lush valleys below. The journey to the heart-shaped Chembra Lake, nestled amidst the verdant slopes, is a highlight of this trek.
- Discover the Edakkal Caves: The Edakkal Caves is a fascinating archaeological site, renowned for their ancient rock carvings. These caves, formed by large boulders wedged between two massive rocks, provide a glimpse into the prehistoric era. During the monsoon, the caves acquire an ethereal aura as the rainwater trickles down the rocks, lending an enchanting touch to the surroundings.
- Visit Pookode Lake: Situated amidst dense forests, Pookode Lake is a serene and picturesque water body. Rent a paddleboat and glide through the calm waters, surrounded by a blanket of greenery. The monsoon showers lend an ethereal charm to the lake, making it a perfect spot for nature lovers and photographers.
- Indulge in local cuisine: Kerala is renowned for its delectable cuisine, and Wayanad resorts also offer a rich culinary experience. Don't miss the opportunity to savour traditional Kerala delicacies like appam, puttu, and fish curry. The monsoon season adds an extra touch of delight to the flavours, making it a truly unforgettable gastronomic journey.
- Immerse in the local culture: Interact with the warm and friendly locals to gain insights into the vibrant culture of Wayanad. Explore the indigenous tribes, such as the Paniyas and Kurumas, and learn about their unique traditions and way of life. You can also visit local markets and craft centres to pick up authentic handicrafts and souvenirs.
So come explore Kuruva Island Resort and Spa to embark into Ayurvedic Spa resort in Wayanad as well as keep in mind visiting Wayanad during the monsoon is a remarkable experience that allows you to witness nature's beauty in its most captivating form. From the cascading waterfalls to the mist-covered peaks, every corner of this hill station exudes charm and tranquillity.